OVERVIEW OF DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum number of credits required to earn minor: 18
Minimum Cumulative GPA required to earn minor: 2.5
Minimum Grade requirements for courses to count toward minor: A grade of C- or better in all education courses.
Other GPA requirements to earn minor: None.
Contact Information: OJ Logue, Associate Dean, 144 Shibles Hall, 207-581-2485.
The College of Education and Human Development offers an 18-credit minor in Education for undergraduate students in other colleges of the University of Maine who wish to explore the field of education. Students must apply for the minor, optimally during the second semester of the second year of study. Applications are available in the Advising Center (Room 101 Shibles Hall) and are accepted throughout the academic year. Application requirements include the following elements:
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better,
- Successful completion of EDB 202 – Education in a Multicultural Society, EDB 221 - Educational Psychology, and an education related elective,
- A grade of C- or better in all education courses,
- Statement addressing your reasons for pursuing the minor, and
- Formal 2-page application.
The optimal time to apply for a minor is during the second semester of sophomore year of study.